Are you a Jio dongle user? You must be knowing what jiodongle.local.html is. The login dashboard address of the Jio dongle routers. Using this address, you can open your Jiodongle’s router dashboard and manage the password, SSID, and many other things. Let us know how to open the router dashboard and how can you set up or change your password and the SSID, etc.
After purchasing the jiodongle, you get a default password and the SSID name with it. Commonly, it is very difficult to remember the given password as it is too long and also weird. So we need to change the password.
How Do I Change the JioDongle Password?
If you want to keep the other unwanted people away from snooping in your information especially the information related to finance. Here is the process to change the Jiodongle password.
- First, connect to the JioFi Network. The name of the Jio network and the password for the jiodongle will be written behind the box of the device.
- Open the web browser. This can be Google Chrome, Firefox, or any other that you prefer. Enter http://jiodongle.local.html in the address bar and click on the search button. This will link you to another page.
- Click on the login option on the top right corner of the new web page.
- Enter your User ID and password. Type the word ‘administrator’ in place of your ID and password and click on Login. This will take you to another web page.
- On the left side, you will find the Network Option. In the network option, you will get the settings for the WiFi. Click on Settings
- You will get a Security Mode, containing a column that has the name Network Key. In the same column, you will get a default password. This password can be erased, for you to enter a new password. You can choose to enter a safe and unique password.
- On changing the password, you will receive a notification to restart your WiFi. Agree by clicking on the OK button and wait for a few minutes until the process gets completed.
Your password is now changed and then you will need to disconnect the Jio Dongle. Again try to reconnect, you will now have to use the new password that you have chosen in the above process.
What If I forget my Password?
In case, if you have forgotten the password you have kept for your JioFi you will have to reset the device and put it again in the factory settings. Follow the below process to reset back to the default settings.
- Ensure that your JioFi devices have been completely booted up.
- Open the back of your device by opening the back cover that is exposed to the battery.
- On the top of the device where the battery is kept, you will find a small pinhole. Using a pin that will fit the pinhole, press it for 10 seconds.
- The LED lights of the device will turn off. You will have to wait so that the device gets completely booted back to normal.
- Once booted, the device is now ready for the default factory settings. You will have to use the old JioFi password that you have got with the device.
How to Change the SSID of the JioFi Dongle (jiodongle.local.html)?
The initial step to switch on the Jio dongle and login to the http://jiodongle.local.html link and using the user id and password remains the same.
- In the security settings, you will get the SSID column. The field will have the defaulted SSID or the name that you must have selected before. You can erase the name and enter the name of your choice.
- Once you have changed the SSID name, click on the Apply button to save. This will apply the new SSID name to your Jio Dongle.
- On your screen, a dialog box will appear asking for permission to restart your Jio Dongle. Select OK. This will get your Jio Dongle to restart.
On following the above steps, the SSID of the Jio Dongle is not changed. You can now enjoy the fastest speed through your Jio Dongle.
If you are using a Jio Dongle, it is advisable to remember the jiodongle.local.html, as this is the link where you can easily manage your Jio network connections. It is also very important to keep your credentials to yourself so that no other will be able to make any changes to your Jio Dongle.