Do you want to port your existing number to some other Jio but you are not able to get it? If you are stuck in such situation, then in this article, we are going to tell you about how to port in existing number to Jio.
Porting is switching from one existing network to another by choice. If you are porting your number from one provider, you are going to use the same number and use it with another network provider.
Ever since Reliance has launched Jio, customers are switching to Jio from their network providers because of the value offers and deals the company is offering. Since Jio has set up a benchmark, customers are happily leaving their operators and switching to Jio.
But the issue is the contact number. Would you be able to change your contact number because you want to port your SIM? Well, most of the people will prefer keeping their old contact number only and that is why porting can be helpful to all.
So here in this article, we are going to discuss a detailed step by step guide to port your existing number to Jio. Let’s begin reading.
How to port In Existing number to Jio?
If you are serious about keeping your old number but want to port in to Jio sim, then here is what all you are needed to do. Make sure to follow the steps given carefully-
- First of all, you are required to type an SMS says PORT <10 Digit mobile number> from your existing mobile number and send it to 1900.
- Once you send the SMS, you will receive an SMS which will have a UPC, Unique Porting Code with its expiry date.
- Now you are required to head over your nearest Jio retailer or Reliance Jio store, whichever is convenient for you. Go to the store and use the UPC code you have received along with an Aadhaar card or any proof of identity with you.
- After this porting in process gets completes, you will be able to use the Reliance Jio services while using your existing mobile number.
Things you need to keep in mind-
- In case you have some pending dues on your post-paid with your existing service provider, then you will not be able port your number to the other network. Hence, we recommend you to clear the dues first.
- According to the regulations from the Government of India, if you port in your number with the same telecom circle, it will require 3 working days for your number to get activated. However, if you port in your number to other telecom circle, it will take more than 5 working days for your number to get activated. Between that, your current services will not be interrupted.
- The port in requests from Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and North East customers will be taking more than 15 working days to be processed. However, between that time, the current services will not be interrupted.