192.168.1.1 is a default IP address used by commonly known routers such as NETGEAR, D-Link, Linksys, and many more. It will be needed when it comes to accessing the router admin panel and making some customization in the configuration of your router.
How to log in to 192.168.1.1?
Here are the basic steps to be followed to log in-
- Open your web browser and paste this URL on the search bar. If it is not working fine for you, paste this 192.168.1.1 and enter.
- Use the login details and type your username along with the password. Try using Admin as the username and admin as the password.
- You have logged in to the panel.
Important note- If the link and the address mentioned below are still not working, then type 192.168.0.1, 10.0.0.1, or 192.168.2.1.
Forgot the IP Address username and password?
If the above-mentioned username and password isn’t working for you, it means that you have changed it and if you do not remember it, follow the methods to recover your password-
- Go to your router box’s backside and see if the login details are written over there.
- Go through the list of default usernames and passwords and try all of them.
- Simply make a factory reset to your router. For doing that, find a tiny reset button on the backside of your router and hold it for more than 10 seconds. You can not do it manually so take a help of a sharp thing such as a needle. It will reboot and you can access the default settings again.
How to change the router’s IP Address?
To change the router’s IP address, you need to follow some basic, essential steps. For every brand, it will be a different procedure. Let us read the process to change the router’s IP address for all the leading brands below.
Follow the steps given here-
- Use your default username and password and log in to the panel.
- Tap on advanced settings>Network>LAN.
- You can see the IP address option mentioned. Customize it accordingly.
- Press on save the settings. The router will take a minute to reboot and apply new changes made.
Here are the basic steps you must know.
- Enter your default login details and login into the router configuration.
- Go to setup and tap on network settings.
- Find the router IP address option there.
- Change the address and tap on save.
Follow these steps-
- Follow the link given below and go to the login page of NETGEAR. http://www.routerlogin.com.
- Use the default username and password and sign in.
- Tap on advanced sand go to the setup option chosen from the menu.
- You can see the IP Address option. Change it.
- Save the changes and proceed.
Note- Regardless of your router’s brand, if you are still not able to change the settings, try resetting your router and again make the changes.
It is vital to know the basic settings of your router IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l Changing the address will save you from malicious attacks on your Wi-Fi. Try using the methods given above and change your router’s IP Address settings now.