192.168.0.1 is a default IP Address that is essentially used for accessing and personalize the configurations. It is used for TP-Link, D-link, and NETGEAR. You can access the login admin page through the IP address easily. Changes such as wireless settings, Wi-Fi password changes, and other configurations like parental control can be made. Follow this link to access the admin panel. http://192.168.0.1
How to log in to 192.168.0.1?
If you want to get into the admin panel, please follow the process given below-
NOTE that you should not make mistake while typing the address. Also, never add HTTP or www while typing the address.
- To begin with, start with your preferred web browser.
- Follow this link http://192.168.0.1 or if not, type 192.168.0.1 in the search bar.
- You can find the login page.
- You need to enter your username and password. User admin as username and admin as password.
- Then tap on Enter.
- You are now logged in to the panel.
How to change the router’s Wi-Fi settings?
Follow the process given below-
- Start with typing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 on your web browser.
- Enter the login details to log in. Use admin as username and admin as password too.
- Tap on wireless settings and go to wireless security. Now turn on the WPA/WPA2 security feature where you will find the password field.
- Enter your password and tap on save.
- The device will reboot automatically and all your connected devices will get disconnected. It is changed now.
How to change the network name?
Follow the process here-
- Go to your web browser and follow this link http://192/168.0.1 there.
- A new page will be shown. In the desired fields, enter your username and password. You can use admin as both username and password.
- Go to wireless and tap on wireless settings.
- You will find the SSID name field. Enter your desired name there and apply the changes.
- It’s done.
How to change my default router’s IP Address?
Follow the given steps for every router brand-
- Login to the web interface
- Tap on advanced
- Go to network>LAN
- Now change the IP address.
- Tap on save changes.
- Go to admin panel
- Tap on the setup tab
- Now go to network settings
- Select Router settings
- Click on Router IP Address
- Make the changes.
- Login to NETGEAR Genie
- Go to the Advanced option.
- Now tap on Setup
- Click on LAN setup
- Go to LAN TCP/IP Setup
- Make changes on the IP address field
Some common errors of 192.168.0.1
Unable to connect to 192.168.0.1-
Unable to access 192.168.0.1 is a very basic problem that can be resolved with some easy steps. Follow the methods shared below-
- You should be connected to your Wi-Fi
You must be connected to your Wi-Fi network as for the process of login, you are required a stable internet connection. However, for web-based management, having an internet connection is not essential.
- Check your IP address once
Check with the IP address that you have entered recently. Most people make an error while typing the address which leads to an inability to access the page. Also, it is essential to make sure that you are using the correct IP address for the router. Check it on the backside of your router.
- Update your Browser
If you haven’t updated your browser for since long, it is a must to do it. Also, along with that, you should be updating the router firmware to protect from incompatibility issues.
- Clear Cache
You should make sure to clear your browser cache and cookies from time to time.
- Factory Reset
Make a quick factory reset if it is still not working for you. You need to press the small button located at the backside of the router. Hold it for 10 seconds and it will be done.